Friday, January 4, 2013

Review | Radio Mexico

I was so excited to finally try the extremely popular Radio Mexico, although it was without the lovely E. I will have to go back there with him!

I had been instructed to order the chicken nachos if I ever visited Radio Mexico, so that was very first thing I ordered. Listed on the menu as Chilaquiles Verde, it also said that this was a popular breakfast  meal in Mexico. Is that true? I have no idea, what I do know, however, is that this dish was delicious! It was so moreish.


Next up we decided to order a few tacos to share. These were all delicious! I have unfortunately left this review a little too late to write up and I can't remember a few of the names that we ordered, however, I can show you the photos! If you know what any of them are, please let me know!!




We also ordered the Quinoa Y Calabaza salad, which was great. Served with roasted pumpkin (that's the Calabaza!), toasted seeds and goats curd, this salad was really fresh and a great addition to our meal.


Even though we were kind of in a hurry to get to a show nearby, we squeezed in some time for dessert. I am so glad we did this, as this dessert was phenomenal! Actually phenomenal. I promise!! We ordered the the Fresas, and a chocolate mousse (which doesn't seem to be on the menu anymore).

The Fresas, macerated strawberries, with homemade cream, meringue and a coconut sugar, was possibly the best thing I have ever tasted, ever. The combination of sweet and tart, as well as the combination of textures in this dish blew my mind. I don't want to say too much more, other than please, for your own sake, leave room for this dessert! Plus, it's got fruit - so there is not reason to feel guilty!!


The Chocolate mousse was impeccable. It was unbelievably chocolatey! The berry compote it was served with was a great match with the rich chocolate.


I will be going back to Radio Mexico very soon, with E this time - and I will make sure to make better note of the tacos we order!!


Radio Mexico on Urbanspoon

No comments: