Saturday, October 13, 2012

Review | Sweet Lemon Thai

One night out before seeing a play at the Malthouse Theatre, E had spotted Sweet Lemon Thai nearby on his Urbanspoon map, and seeing that it had a high rating, he was super keen to try it out! We both love Thai food, and looking back, I am so glad we tried it, as Sweet Lemon Thai was surprisingly delicious. Located just off the busy Kings Way intersection, the restaurant is tucked away in a cute little cottage style house. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is in the area.

We decided to order two noodle based dishes, with a side of roti bread. We chose the Chicken Pad Thai, and the sweet Pad See-Ew with beef to share. Everything came out pretty quickly and altogether, and all the dishes had great aromas.

Digging into the roti bread first, I discovered that it was just pure crispy, buttery goodness. This roti was amazing. Not your average roti bread at all. It was so fresh and rich, and the perfect start to our evening.  Somehow it was crispy and soft in the middle, and I just could not get enough of it.

Roti Canai - $4.90

The two rice dishes were just as delicious. The Pad Thai had a great zestiness and freshness to it, and I liked that it had tofu added to it - I don't think I have had a Pad Thai with tofu before, but it was very nice. The flavours were so authentic and I couldn't get over how fresh it all was.

Chicken Pad Thai - $15.90

The Pad See-Ew was addictively sweet, and the crunchy pieces of bright green Chinese broccoli were so great with the rice noodles. Rice noodles are my favourite kind of noodles, in particular the wide ones like this. The beef in this dish, and the chicken in the Pad Thai were both cooked to perfection.

Beef Pad See-Ew - $15.90

E and I really enjoyed our meals at Sweet Lemon Thai, and we had a great night because of it. I would love to go back to Sweet Lemon, and try some of their curries and other dishes. We were both also very surprised at how reasonable the prices were here, as well as how generous the servings were. Hopefully it will not be too long before we can return!

  Sweet Lemon Thai Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments: