Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review | Baotime

I almost had a car accident the first time I drove past Baotime. Bao. Time. That time is always, because baos are AMAZING. I was so excited to try this cute little place out, I ducked there for a quick workday lunch.



The service we received was super friendly and helpful. My friend and I both ordered the same - the Captain Bao. It was at the top of the menu, and I now know that I will eventually make my way through each delicious sounding bao - over the course of the next couple of months.
Captain Bao had the softest, most tenderest, flavoursome pork belly, with crushed peanuts, lettuce and their 'special sauce'. Special pretty much can be read here as moreish, and so so good.



We also shared one serve of the Mister Potato Fries. In the short time that we waited for the chips to come out to the table after ordering, I was contemplating whether they belonged on this menu. Are we meant to be eating chips with baos? These kinds of questions raise important global issues, but as soon as I had my first taste of the crisp, golden fries, any hesitations I had were instantly gone. 
Wow. OMG. So good. This was true chip perfection. What is ON THESE CHIPS? These are some of the best fries ever. We just had to find out what the mysteriously familiar and incredible seasoning was.



We found out. It's amazing. Why has no one thought of this before?!?! I'm going to have to let you go to Baotime for yourself and taste the fries to see if you can pick it out. 

I definitely will be back for more Baotime. Hopefully that time will be soon, as yeah... bao time is any time really.


Baotime on Urbanspoon

No comments: