Sunday, August 26, 2012

Review | Strawberry & Cream Tea (The Oriental Teahouse)

I was recently asked to review the Strawberry & Cream tea, from Oriental Teahouse. Being quite a fan of any kind of tea, this was definitely not a chore for me! I could smell the sweet aroma of the tea while it was still all packaged up - and this got my tastebuds going straight away.



My first task was brewing a nice hot pot of tea, but I couldn't help myself from tasting the tiny little elements that made up the tea while the kettle was warming up. I picked out what I think was some crystallised pineapple, and also some dried out apple. When I poured the now boiling water over the tea in my teapot every little piece swelled up and floated about excitedly.

After about 3 to 5 minutes I poured out a cup for E and I to taste, and the colour was so intense! It had become this gorgeous dark pinky colour. After letting it cool for a few minutes, we both went in for our first taste. The flavour is sweet, yet still with the lovely tartness that strawberries have. I could also taste the creaminess that you would expect from strawberries and cream - and I really would love to know how they achieve that without milk or cream! After some thought, I could also taste some rose flavours, which gave a nice depth to the tea. This tea has a delicious fruity taste, and is also relaxing and not too sweet. For a few seconds of silence, we both just sat and enjoyed the tea.



I also decided to sample the tea as iced tea, so I brewed another pot and poured it out in glass and left it to cool in the fridge. This would be so perfect with pieces of chopped up fruit in it - as an iced tea it was so refreshing and cooling. I would love to make some sort of iced tea punch when the weather is nice and sunny.

The Strawberry & Cream tea is caffeine free, so you can enjoy a cup late at night and not have to worry about not getting to sleep.

Oriental Teahouse recommend this tea to be served with two of their dishes (which I will definitely have to try)- the Chilli Wagyu Beef Dumplings, and also everyone's favourite - Mango Pudding! I will definitely have to pop down to my closest Oriental Teahouse and try those recommendations out.

This tea retails at $12.50 for a 100g packet, which is cheaper than the T2 equivalent. It is also available in a 50g and 250g size. You can purchase Oriental Teahouse teas in one of their stores or online here.



Let me know if you have tried this or any other teas that you recommend as I would love to try them!


This has been a Product Talk by Nuffnang.


Oriental Tea House on Urbanspoon

No comments: